Disney Classics in Moonspeak



(This beautiful wallpaper is courtesy of Mimi-na)

Recently my cousins and I were discussing about Disney princesses. Yes we talk about girls of all formats! Nothing like a bunch of macho guys talking about Disney princesses amirite.

A little trivia: Did you know that I watched Tarzan more than 10 times in the cinema? Don't ask.

To satisfy my curiousity even further *ahem*, I went to Google Image Search with Safesearch off YouTube to check out some clips. Really brings back a lot of memories. Getting past the horribly mushy self-made music videos which I can't stand watching 5 seconds of, I came across official Disney japanese dub clips.

Let's watch them while reminiscing on Disney's magic and wonderfully smooth animation.



The Little Mermaid. I know, should put the signature song Under the Sea. But Ariel's japanese voice sounds great! ... Sure



Beauty and the Beast. It doesn't feel as magical as the English version though.



Aladdin. I'd say this is pretty well done! Aiyoh tarik bawah sikit...



The Lion King. A bit rushed rite the lyrics lol. Do note that some of these videos don't have movie dialogue as the song was extracted from the soundtrack CD.



Pocahontas. Quite ngam!



The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Wow I quite like Quasimodo's voice in this one! And even in the original it really feels like an intro to a musical. Charming!



Hercules. Dare ga ichiban tsuyoi? Herakuresu! Yes hontou! Too bad the sound effects were not there (again extracted from soundtrack CD). For Megara fans (me), watch this one!



Mulan. I'm guessing Mandarin would be more suitable for this :P



Tarzan. Surprise! It's the Malay version, simply coz Zainal Abidin rox.



I watched the bonus materials on Daim's Prince of Egypt DVD and saw the multilanguage version of When You Believe. Epic and inspirational! And I know it's not Disney k!

Ok so it's another YouTube-ridden blog post. Sue me.

1 comment:

random_ifa said...

HEY!! i got that wallpaper too!! i think i watched that artist in deviantart 8D the works are awesome!!

omg! that little mermaid vid! xD