Day Thirteen - Tokyo

What?! Day 13 already?! And today is Day 14, wuuu wuu wuuuuu~ I'm leaving from Tokyo the day after tomorrow. Time travels so fast. Too fast, actually.

Well anyway, we left quite late yesterday because of the foul weather and also the long blogging session -_-" So today I woke up at 7:30 am and write my blog to make up for the lost time yesterday.

Enough of useless details, let's see what happened yesterday:



Yesterday we went to Tokyo Tower. As you can see, Tokyo Tower is quite close to Roppongi, which was the artsy place that we visited the day before.



This building bears no significance whatsoever, but the reflection does.



And there it is, the Tokyo Tower! It's mainly used as a communications tower. The middle of the tower emits radio transmissions whereas near the top emits television tranmissions.



There's a church near the tower, and there was this Japanese girl practicing her choir singing skills on the street! Japanese girls already have high-pitched voices, so you can imagine how high the pitch of her voice can go, especially if you sing for the church choir.



OK sorry, back to the tower. It's painted orange not only because of it's the colour of traditional shrines, but also because it was enforced by some aeronautical law so that oncoming planes could see the tower clearly. After all, it IS 333 meters high.



Yup it looks like an orange Eiffel Tower. Tokyo tower is taller (Eiffel Tower - 320 m) and also lighter (according to the brochure).



We took the lift to the 150m high observatory...



...to see this beautiful bird eye's view of Tokyo city!



Of course you can see Tokyo city from all angles, so these signs help to indicate the direction of the view.



Look at all those buildings! I like this view coz it's not obstructed by tall buildings, so I could see how packed up the buildings are just to save space.



Yup, that's the rainbow bridge that we have visited the day before.



There are also landmark indicators like this one. Again, there was a slight mist, so no Fuji-san for us. *grrrr* Why is that mountain so elusive? Purposely run away when we see it... drat.



Whoa, I felt like as if Tokyo is my creation, and was in the middle of admiring it.



Hey, why cannot see anything wan?! (Yup this is another sooooorrr haaaaai pose)



There is also a touch screen kiosk to show which buildings are what.



As you know, Japan is well-known for vending machines that just sells anything under the sun. Here, we have the makeshift camera and film roll dispenser.



Here's a nifty gift for those who visits the Tokyo Tower. First, you put in money...



...then it will dispense this gold coin.



After that, you pay another 50 yen and place your coin in the designated area...



...type in your name, then press Start...



...press the button to push the coin up...



...and voila! Your name is stamped on the coin! My mom didn't put the coin upright in the slot, so the name come out senget a bit, nyeh hahaha.



This is as close as I can get to overcoming my fear of heights.



Wooooooo~ Scarrryyyyyyy~



When we got back down to the first floor, there was already a crowd of students entering the tower. Thank god we didn't join the crowd.



Before we departed, we bought some crepe. Unfortunately, this is one of the yuckiest thing that I've eated in Japan so far. Too much whipped cream and the crepe was not hot at all. Bleh :P



My mom definitely agrees with me. Our stomach was so full of whipped cream... ugh... I get sick just thinking about it.



It's time to say goodbye to our tall orange friend.

We had to take the JR train to the next destination (there was the subway nearby, but we have Japan Rail Pass, so why waste it?).



During this trip, I'm always amazed at the artistry of the plastic food items. They look so real. My friend's friend is in this business of making plastic foods and I'm telling you, it's a big business!



I could just lie and tell you that I ate this for lunch!



Just look at the texture of the plastic meat! Simply astounding.



There was also this kiosk where you could clean your glasses for free. That man is putting his glasses into a compartment where air blows very fast.

Our next destination is the Sony Building! We took the entrance from the train station (and we didn't go out of the building into the streets), so I didn't take picture of the entrance. Damn, I forgot.



When we were climbing the stairs, every step that we made produces a sound. So if you climb up, you can hear the do-re-mi tones, with the last do produced on the last step.



As I thought (thanks to my years in (if )), there were infrared sensors on every step.



I dunno why this M5 is in the Sony showroom, but it sure looks cool (and in my favourite car colour too!).



This is the latest Sony walkman. Very slick. Trying to fight with the iPod, I guess.



Ooooh, a pink Vaio. Want me to buy this for you, Nyin? In your dreams!



Small MP3 players arranged nicely. I saw this in the Vaio shop in Berjaya Times Square.



I dunno what is this Owner-made business, but I'm sure that makes Vaio owners feel at home (including me, although it's the company laptop).



Wow, another Vaio PC. Damn it, I want one!



This looks like a more advanced version of the Blu-ray disc player that I saw two years ago.



This is the next generation of disc, CD, then DVD, then Blu-ray Disc. Dzaid would know the details, but all I know is that it has the space capacity of a modern hard disk! Playstation 3 games would also be on Blu-ray Disc. Supposedly, it's has some anti-piracy lock (although I won't be surprised that it'll be hacked a few weeks after release).



Sony's photo printer. So cute.



This is Sony's electronic dictionary. You can also read e-books on it. Very small, unlike its price.



And this is the big Sony PDA. It's like a very thin version of a tablet PC, so you can use it on the train while standing to do your work, plan the schedule ahead or read e-books.



And check this out, a Vaio lab. *droooool* :P~~~~~



The toilet in the Sony Building is, of course, very advanced. This is also what Japan is famous for. Here, we have the arm of the toilet seat. Those two blue buttons shoot out a fast jet of water to your ass.

Just now in the hotel, a British guy told me about his experience with the seat. He thought that the buttons were for flushing the toilet, so when he found out he was wrong, he went like "ooooooohh what a nice feeling". That statement is so funny... and kinda gross.



Here we have the advanced sink. To wash your hands...



...simply hover your hand below the soap tap (the soap is already lathered!)...



...and hover your hand below the water tap to wash the soap off...



...then dry your hands in this cool-looking hand dryer.



You thought that I would forget to do the pose of the day? Never!

My mom went back early, while I go to Akihabara to do some shopping (and playing too!)



Anime and games are widely celebrated here in Japan, so advertisements on them are everywhere! Galaxy Angel II is coming out, with brand new characters, including the main character Apricot Sakuraba, Milfunne's sister.



I had my dinner at Yoshinoya. This is super delicious! A mini sukiyaki. Darn, if only they had this in Malaysia. Pouring the egg into the sukiyaki did the trick. Sweet! (literally and figuratively)

Alright that's all. Since our JR pass expires tomorrow, we will take the Yamanote line to the popular districts today. Mata ashita.

No comments: