1:1 Scale Gundam in Odaiba



Damn I've been starring in too many movies lately.

Daim had a short holiday from his work, and it was a weekday and all. Sounds like a great day to visit the 1:1 scale Gundam in Odaiba! It's very near the Fuji TV station, I'm pretty sure many of you who visited Tokyo have gone there, but that's before the Gundam was built. Hah!



To get there, you can take Yurikamome line which connects to JR Shimbashi station. It's a cool unmanned monorail that passes tall buildings in Southern Tokyo. Then get off at Odaiba station.

Here's the exact location of the model. Don't forget to zoom in fully to experience Odaiba via Street View (of coz you need to zoom into the road, not the park!). Here's a tip: follow the flyover above you and turn right to head north-east, and you'll see Fuji TV!

Anyway there's this Japanese dude right, who put a camera in the front carriage of the train, then edited the video to mirror the top half to the bottom half. The result is a magical trip through the Floating City of Tokyo. Damn watching it makes me wanna play Rez all of a sudden.





As usual I went there with my cousins Dzaid,...



...Daim, and a Chinese boy in a yellow shirt.



Wait, who?!



That's the rainbow bridge, and it connects Central Tokyo and the Yokohama area.



Love it when the train goes through the bridge. Never gets old, this symmetrical shit!



But Daim was driving a little too fast.



And there it is! Just to let you guys know I'm not a mech buff, though there are exceptions especially when it's not too centric on the machines (Gurren Lagann, FMP, Evangelion, Escaflowne, Bokurano), but even so my breath was simply taken away by this majestic beast. I think Gundam fans would've already wet their pants.

Too bad the sun was right behind the Gundam so it wasn't easy to take good pictures.



Guess I'll have to take it from the side!



I was trying to act like Amuro Ray wearing the jacket in the opening. Phail.



Don't I just look good in my shades?!



Waaaaaaah, handsome nyaaaaaaa.... Gundam tuuuuuuu....



Gundam and (fat) terminator.



If those boosters fire up, I'll be the first one to die.



One never forgets to take a group picture!



Actually we went there on 7/7, which was the day for the Tanabata celebration. It's one of those Romeo and Juliet stories where a couple is allowed to meet each other only once a year. People would write wishes on the colored Tanzakus and hang them on a bamboo tree.

Instead of going to festivals and oogle at Kimono girls, we went to see Gundam. Good job guys!



Time for intermission. Pictures after this are gonna get real nasty, so be warned!



Thanks Daim.



Man Gundam Mama has it tough, what with her two human kids.



We will never let you go, Gundam! Don't fly away!



Don't know this Internet meme? Shame on you!



Trust me, it was hard to avoid that Shining Light Punch™.



HELP ME I CAN'T GET DOWN!!!



Ku-chi-koo-chi-koooooooooo~!



This is so gay beyond words.



Whoops, I spoke too soon.



Help my dear cousins! I dunno the romanization of this song!



The white mustache, the symbol of a true gentleman.



I'm at a loss for words to match the sheer stupidity of this pic.



Oh no, watch out! It's gonna lift off anytime n...



...JUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!



I recommend anyone who comes to Tokyo to check this beauty out! Not quite sure how long it'll stay standing, so if you don't have your Tokyo plane tickets yet, get them NAO!

4 comments:

alex said...

yo man, the 1:1 scale gundam is awesome. bring him back i wana put it in my garden. hv fun man.

Hangmen said...

LOL Gundam raep.

Eve said...

You're paying for my plane ticket right?

chun said...

I LOLOLOLOLed ^^;;;;;;;