Day Two - Hiroshima (Part 1)

Day 2 - Hiroshima (Part 1)

(edit: FIXED! My god, didn't know that the pictures couldn't load. Sorry about that.)

ok remember ppl, for the rest of the days, just click the post under the Archive section within the sidebar on the right.

wow I took so many photos today (around 250!) and I had so much trouble figuring out which pictures to use here, so I divided the blog into 2 parts! I'm going to have a link at the end of this Part 1 to bring you to Part 2.

So, let's start!

First of all, my Sony Vaio bag's left strap tore apart. Ben was right about the bag, it was sure to rip apart easily. But help is at hand!



My mom's hand, that is! Thank god for that emergency sewing kit taken from some other hotel.



My bag is ready, and so are we. Off we go!



Hiroshima on a Sunday morning. Ahh... the fresh air. Around 12 degrees celcius, I think.



Suddenly, when we were about to cross the road, a parade of old cars suddenly came up. Kewl.



A Japanese making Hiroshima a cleaner place. Thanks, dude.



What the heck is my Kenari doing here?! (or maybe it's Randolph's?)



Wah, in Hiroshima, even bicycles also kena saman. Not really saman lah, just a pink warning letter saying "You can't park here de~su"



Waiting for the street car to arrive to take us to Hiroshima Port. At this time, a damn beautiful lady walked past and she was wearing this really short...



...oh! The street car is here! Gotta go!



A glimpse of the females in Hiroshima.



Oh drat! She caught me!



Hideyuki-sensei and my mom, smiling. (Of course lah, they had seats!)

We had to go down from the street car and transfer to a private rail train.



"IKE~!" ("GO~!") ok lah that's not what the driver said. He was just signalling to the next train that he was gonna move straight.



A view in the train.



"Standing up throughout the journey sure is fun! :D"

Once we reached the Hiroshima port, we had to take the ferry to Miyajima Island, or as the Japanese say, the Island of the Gods. But before that...



I saw this big-ass drinks vending machine. Really too many choices, man.

Ok lah, it's time to go...



...to our ferry. Very simple ferry, really. Just like the one in Penang... errr... except that the weather here is nicer.



We'll be in that boat on the way back. Whatever it is, the view and the fresh air are truly breathtaking.

Once we arrived at Miyajima island, we were greeted by an unlikely host.



Obviously, she wasn't interested in me.



Deers were everywhere, throughout the entire island! They just wanna eat something... anything!...



...even a poor old man's paper bag. Seriously. He had to find another bag to compensate.



Awww, look at that. Isn't it sweet how the mother deer takes care of the young? The mother must really love him... ok Mama, it's over now, get your ass moving!



I'd be scared if I were that kid.



A traditional transport of Miyajima Island.



What's a Japanese in Hiroshima to do on a Sunday? Visit Miyajima Island, of course!

Hideyuki-sensei decided to belanja us lunch (arigatou Hideyuki-sensei!), so he took us to a prestigious restaurant on the island.



Oi Adrian, what the heck are you doing here? With a cute girl some more! Too much la you.



Wow the waitresses here are quite cute... eh Mama, don't perasan I'm taking your picture la.



The menu is written on a fan. Cool, huh?



Yup this is my meal - the Fresh oyster deluxe set. Hideyuki-sensei said that this is the best time to eat oysters, because this is their peak period to be... uh... tasty.



Yummy, raw oysters. Did wonders to my sex drive.



This is what my mom had, butter broiled oysters. They looked good, but I already had a lot of oysters in my tummy.



Boiled oysters. These were B-I-G, never seen one like this in Malaysia (or maybe I didn't look hard enough). But trust me, these were as fresh as you can ever get!



My mom eating fried oysters. Once you bite into the flour coating and into the oyster, you can't help but be amazed with the texture and taste. Oishikatta! (It was delicious!)



Another shot of the waitress, minus my mom ;)



Wow they even sold grilled oysters in a roadside stall!

Miyajima island is very well-known for the O-torii. If you see it, I think you would know it.



And here you go. Normally it's submerged by sea water, but today the tide went a little low, so we could walk up right to the base of it. You realise that there are 6 pillars holding up the o-torii rite? Well, those are actually tree trunks! Unbelievable.



Another yeng pose created by looking elsewhere than the camera.



However, a group picture is always needed!

After the stroll around the O-torii, we decided to enter a shrine that is the nearest to the O-torii.



ok ok sorry for trespassing!



A Japanese custom for washing hands before entering the shrine.



A view from inside the shrine.



That's the altar that the worshippers pray to.



A view of the O-torii from the shrine.



A japanese girl praying "I wish that a short fat Malay guy appears before my eyes." She was overjoyed soon after that.



Oh man, there are cute girls everywhere! (darn, must be the oysters)



A splendid view of the O-torii from the shrine's outer platform.



An impressive (a-hem) perspective of the five-storey pagoda.

Ok that's all for Part 1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG even the waitress also cute @@ tak boleh tahan la i will go there someday T^T look damm gao gao fun la