Day Twelve - Tokyo (Part 1)

Wow yesterday I took damn a lot of pictures! Around 200+ of them! It was a big task to shortlist the pictures to just 80 of them. Even so, for this entry, I had to break it up to 2 parts. Wouldn't want to stress your Internet connection through my little humble blog :D



I planned to take my mom to the Fuji Television Station in Tokyo Bay area, which I went 2 years ago, so we had to travel by the JR train.



Thank god I memorized some of the famous station names in Kanji, or else we would be in quite pinch!



The train that we're taking is on the Yamanote Line. Travellers to Tokyo cannot avoid this train line, since it circles into the major areas of Tokyo.



After that, we had to change trains to something similar to the LRT back home.



This is the driver of the train, checking whether all the passengers have safely boarded. (ok ok it's an unmanned train haha)



This is the famous rainbow bridge in Japan.



Very similar to the San Francisco bridge, but still very beautiful.



The cool thing about this train is that it runs through the bridge!



Road vehicles go through the bridge beside us, while we travel the middle. Neat!



That's the famous big ferris wheel in Tokyo, similar to the one in Yokohama, for those who have visited Yokohama before.



And finally we arrived at the Fuji Television station! The fusion of straight blocks and the center big ball in the middle amazes me till this very day. Heyyyyy my mom looks cool here...



...I wanna look cool too!



And this is the pose of the day. Had to wait for that train to pass us, but it was worth the wait!



I just noticed that I like to merge one foreground item with the background scenery. Looks cooler, I guess.



There's a beach in front of the television station where you can have a nice view of the bridge with cool bay winds.



What big anchors! I wonder how big the ship is!



We sat on the beach to eat our lunch, with the combined front-and-back view of the television station and the bridge.



This is the first half of my lunch, Soba bread, or as hoshi-chan likes to call it, the mi goreng bread! Suddenly sounds so... mamak-ish. But this bread is delicious! Now that I think about it, putting Indomee in bread should be tasty as well. I'll try that once I go back home.



And this is the second half of my lunch. The salmon sashimi onigiri. Yup, looks like an oversized salmon sushi. Tastes ok, but not that fresh, since I bought it at the convenience store...



...but with this kind of view, whatever salmon also will taste fresh!



There were some birds hanging out near our lunch area, looking for a quick pinch of bread. My mom was generous enough to give some bits and pieces of her sandwiches.



My favourite shot of the day (and it's shot by my mom!). The proper title of this picture shall be "My mission to stay in Japan". :D



OK lah Mama, you also can have a nice similar shot.



Tourists could ride this cool-looking boat around the area, but we've seen enough rivers and lakes to last a lifetime.



There is a shopping center near the Fuji Television Station, so we walked around a bit to just check it out.



Wow, Star Trek fans (or trekkies, as they call it), rejoice! Now you can teleport to other places using the Tokyo Teleport Station. :D



This is the Sony Style shop in the shopping complex. Dzaid and I visited this shop two years ago, but of course in this kind of shop, things change frequently!



Just check out these dazzling mobile phones! I wish I could buy one and use it in Malaysia. Too bad the system is not the same :( The designs look so cool and slick. Darn.



I'm not really in touch with the PC world, but this is the first time I've seen a Vaio Personal Computer.



The living room areas in the shop are quite cozy. You know why this couple is looking elsewhere? Coz on the other TV is Kung Fu Hustle! That movie can attract ANYONE's attention!



Ah, the PSP. Ok... moving on...



I am not an (if )ian if I don't visit this place. It's the science exhibition of Sony! Too bad I can't take pictures of the exhibits...



or else you could see the Sony Data Tiles in action! Really cool stuff. You can check out a demo of the exhibit @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmD8EKWxD4M&search=sony%20data%20tiles.

Don't worry, (if )ians, will let you guys know the details of the exhibits when I get home (if I'm not too busy at that time -_-")



This is the statue outside the Fuji Television Station. My mom was happy to see this, coz there's a proper woman statue, whereas the man is represented by a huge stone blob. Shows how useless we are. haha.



Some manga (Japanese comics) lovers might be familiar with that building on the left. Every so often (dunno how often) there will be an exhibition where amateurs can set up a booth and sell out their manga creations. There will also be professional studios looking out for new talents as well. Those who watched the anime "Comic Party" should know about this building, at least.

No comments: