Of Christmas, New House and Comiket Prep

Merry Christmas everyone! People keep asking, "Hey how did you spend your christmas? Heard Christmas is beautiful in Tokyo!". Yup, sure it is, Danny Choo even went to Roppongi Hills and saw all the pretty lights.

Me? Busy moving my *heavy* bags to and fro via train, with some stations not even providing an elevator or escalator D: Had to make arrangements with the electric and gas companies to come to my house. Ikea furniture arrived on Christmas as well, took the entire day to assemble them.

Yup, that's my Christmas in Tokyo :P

At least everything's in order. And I *heart* my new house!!! I'll show it to you guys sometime next week, via video of coz!

But now there are more important matters that require my full attention.



Such as the preparation for Comiket! Over 2,000 booths in a single day, not to mention that they change every day for 3 days! Using the laws of mathematics, that's over 6,000 booths in all! Crazy! Gurugu mawaru... @_@

The catalogue itself is 2-inches thick D: I could buy the CD-ROM version, but I prefer everything in print. It includes 3 tear-out maps and a whole illustrated listing of all the doujin booths in a nicely gridded layout.

Of course, the Kanji dictionary is essential as well :P



Thank god they lump all similar parodies into one location. I'm targeting Aria, Hidamari Sketch, Toradora, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Miku, Klonoa soundtrack and Touhou. Oh, also Tony Taka and other *ahem* distinguished artists ^^;;

It took me a freaking 6 hours to really plan out the whole thing! Tiring, though won't be as tiring as the convention itself. Ah, can't wait to smell the sweaty armpits of thousands of otakus tomorrow.



Mind you, the pic only shows one out of 3 sides of the map, which is only for one of the 3 days! That's right, 9 sides in all! Man, your math skills are awesome!

And yes, each of those small squares are booths D:

As if that wasn't shocking enough, each booth has two doujin artists! How about that!

Packed the maps in my bag and I'm ready to go! Wish me luck! Think I'm gonna need it :S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's coming again. It reminds me there are a lot of "echi" doujin stuff. Can't wait to see Tony's artwork..yeah~~~

PLz~~shoot more photos let me see the real scene there..thx!!