Festival Special 5: Yamano Gakuen Taiikusai



Taiiku means athletics or physical education. For us Malaysian students, that translates to PJK! My school is part of a larger group of schools known as Yamano. The previous get-together was that fashion show (ugh), but this time around we can participate as well. Yippee~!

It's the Yamano Group Sports Festival, which was held at a big complex called the Tokyo Gymnasium. Was a long time ago though; again please blame WoW for that.



Thought I'd get into the spirit of things and wear a full track suit :)



This is so much livelier than the fashion show. Everyone looks so active and healthy!



Where can you see a girl wearing a bear suit taking photographs at a sports festival? Here in Tokyo, baby!



At first, I was assigned to hold the signboard above, where all the Yamano Japanese School students would line up in front of me. As the line got longer, I had to be replaced with a taller guy :P I detect an insult!



Introducing another classmate of mine, Chin Kean Boon-san from China!



And as usual, just like the fashion show the three of us watched the events while chatting for a good length of the entire festival.

That is, until it was the guy's turn to participate in the tug-of-war! If you hadn't already noticed, we Japanese Language school students are the yellow team.



This calls for the yellow team strategic meeting! Another classmate of mine, Hakookun-san from Taiwan, calls upon his strong gang members to help out.



Just to let you know, tug-of-war here is the same as anywhere else :P



We taunted the enemy, and they cowered in fear. Pretty obvious that we'll win.



What the...?! We won? *ahem* I mean, of course we won! Told you so!

Dzaid later took part in a relay and I took some pictures.... some very badly unfocused pictures :P Sorry Dzaid for not recording your epic prime time!

And that ends the Taiikusai. Was loads of fun, really enjoyed it.

For your info, I'll be moving into a new house tomorrow. NTT did promise to come to my house to install the Internet line on Thursday, but of course shit may happen. Let's hope for the best. Internet, please love me again!

No comments: